[ardour-users] Problem building ardour from src

Michael Gerdau mgd at technosis.de
Sat Mar 18 00:52:33 PST 2006

> > Any hints as to how this could be resolved is appreciated.
>
> try scons -c then rebuild. we don't fully understand this link error,
> but i think it can be fixed by a total tree cleanup and then a rebuild.
>
> keep us posted.

After the unsuccessful test with performing a fresh rebuild I tried
to change the gcc version.

SuSE 9.3 comes with
gcc (GCC) 3.3.5 20050117 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)

However they also provide
gcc-4.0 (GCC) 4.0.2 20050720 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)

Doing a fresh rebuild with that version of gcc builds cleanly (AFAICT).

Starting ardour creates a couple of warnings and the following errors:
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "toggle-recorder-window"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "edit-cursor-to-selection-start"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "edit-cursor-to-selection-end"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "set-mouse-mode-scrub"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "start-selection"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "finish-selection"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "extend-selection-to-end-of-region"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "extend-selection-to-start-of-region"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "duplicate-selection"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "split-region"

Not sure wether these are serious...
FWIW I'm using KDE (if that has anything to do with the above).

Best,
Michael
--
 Vote against SPAM - see http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/