[ardour-users] mic preamps

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 13:56:29 PST 2006

> The preamps in my little Makie 1202 are really quite nice, but it's a
> 12-channel mixer, no S/PIDIF and it's not rack mountable...  Forget I
> said anything...

The VLZ pres from Mackie are known for being good preamps, especially
for the money.  You can always convert them to digital with a decent
AD/DA if you wanted.  And I believe the smaller 1202 and 1402 and 1404
mixers could be adapted to a rackmount, though my memory may be bad on
that as well, I just want to say they were small enough.

         Seablade