[ardour-users] ardour2.0-alpha2 is released

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Mar 15 09:51:56 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 11:37 -0500, blindman jones wrote:
> On 3/15/06, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 10:11 -0600, Steve Wahl wrote:
> > > You might think about asking this company whether you can expose a bit
> > > more about them (without giving away the name), like in general what
> > > line of products they make.
> > >
> > > For instance, I'm *just* starting to set up a system to run linux
> > > audio stuff on.  After a dismal experience attempting to get an
> > > M-Audio Quattro working (and I CHECKED the alsa matrix before
> >
> > the primary product line of this company is not in a market sector that
> > directly relates to ALSA, computer audio interfaces etc. You will not be
> > buying their stuff instead of M-Audio, RME, etc.
>
> Is it Google?

the only thing i am telling anyone is that its not digidesign. don't
waste your time trying to guess :)

meanwhile, could we also get a little recognition for the quite public
role that Harrison/GLW is taking on, already promoting Ardour to its
existing and potential customers. Harrison won't be known to most of
you, given that they sell high end mixing consoles, primarily to the
movie/post-production industry, but its fantastic to have a company with
this kind of reputation and products backing our work. Harrison have
also spent real money to have destructive recording added to Ardour 2.0,
which as a feature is almost complete. now if only we could all read the
www.glw.com website :)

--p