[ardour-users] Setting up a gentoo box for ardour

Lars Tobias Børsting lars.tobias.borsting at ntnu.no
Sat Mar 11 14:21:29 PST 2006

"Thomas G. Willis" <tom.willis at gmail.com> writes:

> I haven't quite figured out this emerge thing yet, I guess apt has
> spoiled me.

Believe me, emerge will spoil you even more than apt... ;-)

> If anyone cares to post some how to install ardour on gentoo I'd
> appreciate it. I'm not getting this masked package deal yet.

I use a nice little script called "gimme" to ease the task of
unmasking. If you wish to emerge a package that is masked, simply unmask
it by typing "gimme <packagename>". If one or more of its dependancies
is masked as well, just do a gimme for this one as well until all
relevant packages are unmasked.