[ardour-users] crash while recording automation

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Fri Mar 10 15:09:49 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 21:34 +0100, Dragan Noveski wrote:
> <I have had no problem with any of my old sessions, re-opening and
> <working on them in 0.99.2.
>
> <the only issue i have is that when you export with a TOC it needs to
> <be cleaned up by hand after export.
>
> ok, that sounds good
> there are following things, for me not clear enough to start updating:

Did you compile ardour 0.99 yourself? 0.99.2 has no new requirements ove
0.99.

> 1. on the ardour site i read that i need JACK 0.100, i have 0.99 installed
> does it means jackd, libjack or libjack-dev, or all three of them?

All of them.
 jackd:   the "server" software which talks to the soundcard
 libjack: the dynamic library which software using jack communicates
          with jackd & other software
 libjack-dev: the development package = you need this to compile
              software using jack

> 2.samplerate 1.0 or later? on my mashine there is 0.11.2 and that is, as i
> found the newest serie!, is that a mistake on ardour.org, someone an idea?

Most strange. I'm not aware of a version 1.0. Version 0.1.2 works fine
for me

> 3.art_lgpl 2.3.16 is requiered, on my mashine i can find libart 2.3.17.1-is
> the requiered thing?

The libart package provides libart_lgpl_2.so, so that should be enough.
But, again: to build, you also need the development package for software
to be compiled against the library.

--
Sampo Savolainen <v2 at iki.fi>