[ardour-users] Ardour1 and Ardour2?

blindman jones erleichda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 18:11:30 PST 2006

from ardour.org...
------------------------------------
September 23rd, 2005
    0.99 released

    This is the first non-beta (at least in name) release of ardour.

    There will be no 1.0, the porting to gtk2 is already under way and
will result
    in version 2.0.
------------------------------------

If you want to try Ardour2, go here and get the ardour2-cvs.tar.bz2
http://ardour.org/releases/

I guess technically there is no ardour1, but I assume he was referring
to the 99.x version as ardour1.

hope that helps.

mjr

On 09 Mar 2006 19:41:37 -0500, Steve <funkathon at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hey Dave!....The links you provided in response to my question still
> leaves me dumbfounded. What the heck is Ardour1 and Ardour2? The only
> thing I've been using was the .9beta releases and the current .99-1
> release. I just dont'get it? What is the difference between Ardour1 and
> Ardour2? What is the GTK2 port? What GTK port am I using with the .99-1
> release? I just don't get it....Where the heck is the Ardour1 and
> Ardour2 releases?..Help me understand this someone.......

michael jones * erleichda archiving * usa
shivering is the first step towards your destiny.....