[ardour-users] Setting up a gentoo box for ardour

Andrew Johnston andyandtaya at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:58:03 PST 2006

Wow, thanks so much everyone for the fantastic responses...this mailing list
has me addicted (almost).
Pasi, as I write this I have taken the steps to remove both my installs and
reformat my whole drive to house gentoo....i'm even experimenting with
logical partitions to house a seperate /usr and /home directories....we'll
see.
I guess the one thing I would love to know, is where to start in terms of
getting not only ardour and jack/qjackctl but also how to go about getting
hold of a low-latency patched kernel, alsa utils that have the hdspmixer
included...things like that.
If I can get a rock solid high performance setup happening, I will try to
look into what it takes to package that up into a distro for all the suckers
like me that have bought dual core 64bit AMDs thinking they would be the
best option!

Many thanks for all the advise and support, look forward to sharing a
success story soon..ish!!

Andrew Johnston