[ardour-users] Setting up a gentoo box for ardour

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Mar 9 08:48:58 PST 2006

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 11:20:16AM -0500, Brett McCoy wrote:
> working. If you just want to stick in a CD and get things up and running
> quickly, Gentoo isn't the solution.

Also, after having recently installed on a laptop,
I think it's not the easiest distro to get roaming wireless
working nicely. I'm still not totally happy with it.
By contrast I once tried an ubuntu livecd on the same laptop
and everything I tried "just worked".

but in most other respects, I really really like gentoo.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com