[ardour-users] Tascam US-2400 ?

Dan Tepper dan at wintaper.com
Sun Jun 25 08:44:40 PDT 2006

Pardon my lack of knowledge in these areas...

The Tascam site indicates that the US-2400 works with ProTools, Logic,
Sonar, Cubase, Nuendo and Digital Performer**. According to the owners
manual, the Tascam US2400 operates in several modes...

1. HUI mode
2. Mackie Control (Sonar)
3. Mackie Control (Digital Performer)
4. Mackie Control (Logic)
5. Native mode

I have no idea what "native mode" means, I assume the others indicate
some sort of Mackie emulation mode. I'm hoping this would mean that if
Mackie surfaces work with Ardour that the Tascam would also work with it.

Or, conversely, if Ardour works like any of the aforementioned packages
that it should also work.

Anybody have any thoughts?

-Dan Tepper

PS: I don't much care about the joystick, what I really need to work is
simply the faders and pan pots.