[ardour-users] Plugin automation

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Jun 17 00:38:11 PDT 2006

Paul Winkler wrote:

> You could maybe work around it by feeding the channel's effects send to
> an intermediate bus, putting the actual effects send in that bus
> post-fader, and control the send level by automating that bus's fader.
>
> Granted, this would be very cumbersome, needing an extra bus for every
> channel you want to automate. I probably wouldn't make the effort :)

I have been unable to add a bus for almost 2 years. I thought this
feature was just not being worked on.

Everytime I add a bus ardour crashes hard. I have tried from every
possible method in the menus/GUI.

It seemed like such an obvious bug that I haven't even bothered writing
about it.

I haven't got ardour2 up so maybe when I get that running things will be
different...

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com