[ardour-users] ardour2 colors

Alex Polite notmyprivateemail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 01:47:01 PDT 2006

On 6/15/06, Doug McLain <doug at nostar.net> wrote:
> First of all, you should grab latest svn, I can see you're a bit behind
> by the light blue buttons, which are now dark blue.  Next, to stop KDE
> from overriding ardours color settings, go into KDE's color settings and
> uncheck the option 'Use KDE color settings for non-KDE apps' or equiv.

Thanks. moving to svn and unchecking   'Use KDE color settings for
non-KDE apps' helped a lot. I also had to install
gtk2-engines-clearlooks. Ardour complained about not being able to
find it. Finally under "GTK styles and fonts" in KDE control center, I
had to select the empty line under "use another style". I guess that
empty line should say "leave the theme unchanged" or something to that
effect.

Now I've got it all working an it just looks so nice. I'm one of those
silly people who get a bit depressed by ugly apps. I know most linux
people don't care, but I think a lot of audio folks coming from the
Mac do care. I think the move to gtk2 will improve ardours chances of
attracting that kind of user and more user will result in  more spare
time developers, which will result in a better application. Way to go!

alex

--
Alex Polite
http://flosspick.org - finding the right open source