[ardour-users] [OT] Good newbie books on audio engineering.

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Wed Jun 14 11:47:28 PDT 2006

On 14 June 2006 at 20:38, "Alex Polite" <notmyprivateemail at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just spent two days figuring out how to do sidechannel
> ducking with ardour, qjackctl, ams and ladspa plugins. Only to
> realise that I didn't want ducking after all. A simple expander
> did a much better job at doing what I wanted.
>
> Maybe I could have saved some time if I've read an introductory
> book on audio engineering. Any good tips? I have a weak math
> background, so not to many formulas please.

I'm not sure what you're trying to learn here. Soundcraft has
some good on-line (PDF) guides to things like mixing.  "Audio
Reality" by Bruce Rozenblit is a pretty good book, and not too
deep into hard core theory.  For hard core theory go for "Sound
System Engineering" by Davis.

Cheers....

--
Kevin