[ardour-users] ardour crash in splice mode

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Jun 7 07:41:35 PDT 2006

Am Thu, 01 Jun 2006 17:33:20 -0400 schrieb Jesse Chappell:

> You should use 0.99.3, we can't really support crash bugs in older versions.
> Anyway, many nice bugs are squashed and it is quite stable.

True. The bug is gone with 0.99.3 Thanks!

> I don't totally follow you.  Do you mean that only the region that is
> affected by the trimming get squashed?  Doesn't that naturally
> propogate to the rest of the track when in splice mode? What behavior
> (different than splice or slide mode) do you expect?

The problem occured cutting a feature for a radio show: The music was on
Track 1, the text (interviews and such) on track 2. The regions in the two
tracks were non-adjascent. It would be desirable if splice mode only
affected adjascent regions when trying to cut out a cough in one of the
regions of the text track. It is arguable whether all following regions in
that track get shifted by the amount of the shift at the location of the
splice, but at least they shouldn't get concatenated and especially the
regions before the edit should stay where they were.

The problem undoing those changes is solved, too: If undoing a change
resulting in the concatenation of regions, those regions stay concatenated
(which is a little counter-intuitive). Before undoing the edit mode has to
get changed back to slide mode to really undo the operation. Maybe that
could become more intuitive by recording the change of edit mode in the
history as well?

Yours,
Orm