[ardour-users] ardour crash in splice mode

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Thu Jun 1 14:33:20 PDT 2006

On 6/1/06, Orm Finnendahl <finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ardour 0.9beta29 crashes if trying to delete a selected range in a
> region in splice mode. I tested on 3 different machines with slightly
> different ardour versions and the result is consistent: Ardour hangs
> completely and has to get killed.

You should use 0.99.3, we can't really support crash bugs in older versions.
Anyway, many nice bugs are squashed and it is quite stable.

> 2. Is there a way to change splice mode to behave locally? if any
>    trimming is done on a region, all regions in the whole track get
>    concetenated. Unfortunately it is not possible to undo this
>    operation so all careful adjustments of regions in this track are
>    lost forever. It would be much more intutitive, if the splice
>    effect would only refer to the local context. That's how ProTools
>    and Nuendo do it.

I don't totally follow you.  Do you mean that only the region that is
affected by the trimming get squashed?  Doesn't that naturally
propogate to the rest of the track when in splice mode? What behavior
(different than splice or slide mode) do you expect?

jlc