[ardour-users] Sidechaining in Ardour without AMS

Neil Nelson xxx at mphmedia.net
Tue Jun 6 14:12:50 PDT 2006

I have modified sc2 (sc2A_1302)and my prior gateSR now gateA
(gateA_1301) so that they will run in Ardour without AMS. I have also
modified sc3 to sc3A (sc3A_1303) along the same lines but Ardour will
not accept the port configuration of 3x3 on a 3 channel bus though it
seems fairly straightforward.

The modification to gateA and sc2A is merely to add a null output port
giving both of those plugins the look of a stereo plugin. For the input
the left channel is the sidechain and the right is the signal to be
modified. For the output the left channel is set to 0 and the right is
the modified signal.

In order to compile sc2A and sc3A properly I used the swh-plugins
sequence requiring a compile of all those plugins. This version of the
swh-plugins can be downloaded from

http://mphmedia.net/ladspa/swh-plugins-0.4.14a.bz2

Neil
MPHMedia