[ardour-users] ineffective crossfade

Brett Clark Brett at ciscoinc.com
Tue Jul 18 20:33:24 PDT 2006

Sorry about not doing the "reply all" on my previous message.  I knew about
that, but for some reason i just didnt do it.

I checked my crossfade and its set to "Short fade at start of overlap" with
a length of 15ms.  I played with it a little more tonight and noticed that
the pop sound only happens when i have the "punch in" button selected.  It
doesnt record the pop, but it plays it at the point of the punch in.  After
i do the punch in, if i deselect the "punch in" button then every thing
plays fine.  If i have the "punch in/punch out" buttons selected then it pops at the
punch in and punch out marker whether im doing any recording or just playback.

Its probably not a major deal except that i record with headphones and
the pop noise is pretty loud so it usually scares the bejeezers out of me
when it happens.

Thanks
--Brett