[ardour-users] NRPNs

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Tue Jul 18 12:24:08 PDT 2006

On 7/18/06, John Anderson <ardour at semiosix.com> wrote:

> Oh, OK. That sounds good. I realised the other day that one issue with
> using multiple banks is that when ardour starts it would update the
> current bank to the hardware, but you'd have to manually update whatever
> other banks you're using. I imagine that having bank select under
> software control would make that a non-issue?

Yes, it would be a non-issue when using the emulation mode along with
the new MC surface plugin.

> Are there any docs for the Mackie Control protocol?

Yes, fortunately we have a Logic Control manual pdf which documents
the whole sysex protocol.  The MC uses the same protocol but they
won't readily release the docs for it... silly Mackie.
If you want a copy let us know.

jlc