[ardour-users] NRPNs

John Anderson ardour at semiosix.com
Tue Jul 18 12:11:59 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 14:50 -0400, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> Hopefully sometime in the next several months one of us will implement
> the Mackie Control protocol as a plugin control surface (ardour2) and
> then you can use the BCF's emulation mode to become much more useful
> controlling ardour.  Mainly because the track bank switching would
> move into software control, but secondarily because the emulation
> modes provide several modifier buttons to allow for much greater
> multi-use of the buttons/controls.

Oh, OK. That sounds good. I realised the other day that one issue with
using multiple banks is that when ardour starts it would update the
current bank to the hardware, but you'd have to manually update whatever
other banks you're using. I imagine that having bank select under
software control would make that a non-issue?

Are there any docs for the Mackie Control protocol?

bye
John