[ardour-users] ardour cross channel bleed?....or something.....

Corné van Tonder cvt at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 04:58:51 PST 2006

hello one and all.

for my own sake, i'm going to try and keep this as simple as possible.
i'm trying to multitrack in ardour and i'm having the same trouble i had
before. here's the scenario.....

test session:
----------------

1 mic; two tracks.

audio track 1 (at1): no outputs, 1 input (capture 1).
track is recorded and played back. all is well.

at1 is now disconnected from capture 1, connected to 1 of the outputs.
track 2 (at2) is connected to capture 1 and has no outputs.

the speakers are turned off, the track is recorded and played back.

on at1 i now have what was recorder when it was connected to capture 1
-> great :-)
on at2 i now have what was recorder on at2 AND at1!!!

this happens every time. i really can't get my head around the idea that
even though at2 is connected to capture 1, it's also recording
everything and anything on the output stream. this does not good
multitracking make.

please, if anyone can tell me what i'm doing wrong, i would be eternally
greatfull. in the mean time, i'll be going through TFM for the upteenth
time.

many thanks
cvt

system:
-------

software: zenWalk (mini slack), Ardour/GTK 0.99, jackd 0.100.0, kernel
2.6.12.6.

hardware:
---------

01:0a.0 Multimedia audio controller: Yamaha Corporation YMF-724 (rev 03)
<- using alsa+ymfpci