[ardour-users] Ardour2 OSX test

Taybin Rutkin taybin at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 24 11:21:59 PST 2006

The long launch time should only happen the first time as the fonts get cached.  It should show a progress bar while that's happening.

debug symbols?  That's a stripped, optimized binary mister.  gtk-2.8 is big.  I started with gtk-2.6 which doesn't use cairo but ran into trouble.  gtk-2.8 just worked.  The Ardour.app bundle is ~70MB.  This isn't unusual because those files would just be installed somewhere else on a non-osx system.  It's only a problem if you have multiple gtk-2.8 programs installed that can't share the same library files.  As I'm planning on also packaging Jamin, this has been on my mind and I'm looking at different possiblities.

I'm glad you reported that it launched though!

Taybin