[ardour-users] [ardour-dev] ardour2 for macosx packaged up

Neil Shaw neilshaw at mac.com
Tue Jan 24 05:06:18 PST 2006

Hello.

This package does not seem to run on my system. (although I have
noticed that someone else has managed to get it running)

Clicking on the Ardour2 icon invokes X11 correctly and then Ardour
appears briefly in the dock while it tries to start and then it
vanishes (crashes)

I have the FINK Commander installed on my system as well and it seems
to indicate that pango is installed.

In the system log there is a statement that reads:
     ' You may be able to recreate this file by running pango-
querymodules.'
When I run pango-querymodules in a terminal window it does invoke but
the path does not get created. I have even built the path manually
and symbolically linked it to the path that pango seems to exist on
my system ('/sw/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango.modules') but the
system still crashes with the same error.

Any ideas as to what I have configured wrong?

Thanks for your time in building this package

Here is a copy of the system log:

===== Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:50:07 AM Canada/Mountain =====
bash: no job control in this shell
Ardour/GTK 2.0alpha1
    (built using 1.0.2 with libardour 1.0.0 and GCC version 4.0.0
(Apple Computer, Inc. build 5026))
Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren,
Joel Baker

Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.

(ardour:1470): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_set_property: object
class `GtkSettings' has no property named `gtk-can-change-accels'

(ardour:1470): Pango-WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically loaded
modules
were found. Pango will not work correctly. This probably means
there was an error in the creation of:
   '/opt/local/etc/pango/pango.modules'
You may be able to recreate this file by running pango-querymodules.

(ardour:1470): Pango-CRITICAL **: _pango_engine_shape_shape:
assertion `PANGO_IS_FONT (font)' failed

Pango-ERROR **: file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape): assertion
failed: (glyphs->num_glyphs > 0)
aborting...