[ardour-users] Exporting with Hardware Inserts/Sends

Andrew Johnston andyandtaya at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 17:22:15 PST 2006

It seems that the ability to export a session that contains hardware inserts
or sends is not available yet.  Would I be correct in saying this?  I have
managed to connect inserts through to my mixer and applied various effects
and what not (of course there is a small amout of latency), but when i
export the tracks with the inserts are silent.  I guessed this was the case
as the export is not in real time which would tend to make it impossible for
hardware inserts to work, just thought there might be an option one can
change.
While I'm on the subject, how on earth to pro-tools mix and hd systems
achieve zero latency on the hardware inserts?  I have used the system
before, and I can understand zero latency monitoring as the signal passes
through a patchbay to the hardware on the way to the speakers, but with
inserts it goes out and comes back...hmmm

Avid Ardour User (no pun intended)

Andy J