[ardour-users] software monitoring

Michael T D Nelson m_nels at gmx.net
Sat Jan 21 01:04:51 PST 2006

  Lopez wrote:
> I'm sure that there are numerous
> desired monitoring configurations that you want to provide to make
> Ardour versatile, but from a strictly user's standpoint being able to
> hear what is recorded as default behavior would only be a plus for
> Ardour.

Not from where this user is standing! Sometimes I want to hear it, and
sometimes I definitely don't.

More often than not, it's nothing to do with Ardour - I tend to route
the signal to my monitors before it gets to Ardour.

It would bother me if Ardour started to make decisions for me about how
I want my signals routed. I am the user - Ardour is the (very useful) tool.

Regards
Michael