[ardour-users] software monitoring

Brett McCoy idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Fri Jan 20 05:54:20 PST 2006

Andrew Johnston wrote:

> Now how does this all relate to the monitoring options present in qjackctl?
> Should they be left off les they confuse the issue further when trying
> to monitor with ardour?
> Or do they need to match the settings in ardour...ie software
> jack..software ardour, hardware jack...hardware ardour?

I don't remember how they all work together, but I would think it's best
to have them all match up, if you are using jack & ardour to control
your monitoring. It's also wise to turn all monitoring off via jack &
ardour if you have hardware that provides its own monitor mixer (most
high-end cards do, like the Delta cards, Lynx, RME, AFAIK).

-- Brett