[ardour-users] file lengths

Peter Lutek plutek at infinity.net
Fri Jan 20 05:22:34 PST 2006

Marijus Bernotas Marukas wrote:

>This is serious. I was trying to record a long track from DAT source and
>ardour hanged when I clicked stop :/ As a result no wav file was created -
>1,5 hours of work were lost.
>
>Is it possible to record using raw audio instead of WAV?
>
>Marijus

i don't believe there's any way around this currently in ardour, because
it uses only wav or bwf. if this is incorrect, i'm sure paul will jump
in to correct me!

currently, for long recording times, i'm using ecasound and recording to
w64 files. if i want to import those to ardour for an edit/mix, i have
to split them into shorter chunks.

i would agree with you that it's a serious issue, especially with higher
bit depths and sample rates becoming more common and possible.

-p