[ardour-users] software monitoring

Brett McCoy idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Fri Jan 20 04:55:21 PST 2006

Ruben Lopez wrote:

> After googling for a few hours tonite, I found that my next question is
> pretty common, but I was never able to find the answer, so I need to
> ask: How do I monitor sound after I start recording? I have s/w
> monitoring engaged in Ardour, but I lose sound as soon as I hit record.
> What's the secret?

Don't use software monitoring if you are using a Delta 1010 -- you can
use the hardware itself for zero-latency monitoring. Using the
envy24control tool, set the audio routing to Digital Mixer. Also, make
sure you have hardware monitoring turned OFF everywhere else, it will
mess up your envy24 settings.

-- Brett