[ardour-users] software monitoring

Phil Frost indigo at bitglue.com
Fri Jan 20 04:15:21 PST 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 01:05:59AM -0800, Ruben Lopez wrote:
> After googling for a few hours tonite, I found that my next question is
> pretty common, but I was never able to find the answer, so I need to
> ask: How do I monitor sound after I start recording? I have s/w
> monitoring engaged in Ardour, but I lose sound as soon as I hit record.
> What's the secret?

This is one of my gripes with ardour, too. At the top of the window, in
the transport bar, there is a button labeled "auto input". The status of
rec-enable, global rec-enable, transport rolling or stopped, and that
"auto input" button determine if a track is being monitored. For me,
"auto input" off seems to do what I want more often. Really either way
never does what I want all the time, so I wish monitoring was more
configurable.