[ardour-users] best file system for audio

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 09:52:31 PST 2006

I'd be very careful about reiserfs. There is info out there about the
journals not working very well, or completely failing, during power
loss situations. I be very careful about UPS support if you're going
to try it.

Personally I'd stick with ext3. It's very well known and it's unlikely
that disk file system performance will be your biggest performance
issue getting started with Ardour.

Hope this helps,
Mark