[ardour-users] ardour 2.0 testing

Hector Centeno-Garcia h.centeno at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 17 17:36:15 PST 2006

Hello,

I just downloaded the alpha package of Ardour2 and it compiled without
any problems. I didn't test it throughly but at least it started and
played one of my old projects. I found the GUI to be slower than the
previous GTK1 versions and also I was wondering if this would be the
final look. I remember a message posted some time ago showing an image
that looked very nice (it is still here:
http://ardour.org/ardour-gtk2-final.png ) but this alpha version has
exactly the same GUI as the previous versions with the only difference
that it is using GTK2 widgets. If this is how the final Ardour2 is going
to look is it possible to make the GUI use the GTK2 theme that is being
used by the system (in my case Gnome)? I know this GUI issues are not
that important as how functional the software is, but it helps to have a
nice visual environment :-) Whatever the case is, this is a good
improvement!

Thanks for your work.

Hector