[ardour-users] [OT] Rant + Re: problems after upgrade from beta28 (debian packages)

jbs (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Tue Jan 17 07:25:25 PST 2006

I have just finished setting up a dual boot with fedora and planet CCRMA and disappointingly I have the exact same problem with x-runs going crazy and disconnecting from jack (or jack disconnecting ardour). It's true my sound card is sucky, but with a 3Ghz p4 and 512 mb ram, and knowing that the previous version of ardour was working fine (with an occasional x-run) I am inclined to think that there is a bug with the way this version is interacting with my hardware and/or kernel settings. If some developer wants me to do some tests to help figure this out I would be more than happy, especially if it helps resolve this issue. I'm itching to get ardour working!

thanks,
JBS