[ardour-users] Getting started

Matt Carr rane3885 at direcway.com
Wed Jan 11 12:54:55 PST 2006

Matt Carr wrote:

>Paul Davis wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 21:05 -0600, Matt Carr wrote:
>>

>>>What I ment by "keep it that way every time I reboot" was every time I
>>>reboot my computer  everything gets redetected.  I was told that
>>>genkernel was the culpret because it does some kind of auto detection
>>>durring the boot process.  If this is so then do I need to use
>>>menuconfig or somthing like that instead?
>>>

>>in /etc/modules.conf or its equivalent on gentoo, add the module option
>>
>>	snd_index=0
>>
>>to the ice1712 module. this will ensure that it is always hw:0 (the
>>default)

I did the snd_index=0 but the file changed back to this after I rebooted, which is what it was before I edited it.

### modules-update: start processing /etc/modules.d/alsa
# Alsa 0.9.X kernel modules' configuration file.
# $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/media-sound/alsa-utils/files/alsa-modules.conf-rc,v 1.4 2004/11/16 01:31:22 eradicator Exp $

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore

##
## IMPORTANT:
## You need to customise this section for your specific sound card(s)
## and then run `update-modules' command.
## Read alsa-driver's INSTALL file in /usr/share/doc for more info.
##
##  ALSA portion
## alias snd-card-0 snd-interwave
## alias snd-card-1 snd-ens1371
##  OSS/Free portion
## alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
## alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
##

# OSS/Free portion - card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
##  OSS/Free portion - card #2
## alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
## alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
## alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss

alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss

# Set this to the correct number of cards.
options snd cards_limit=1

Matt