[ardour-users] regions, layers and auditioning groups of tracks at once

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Tue Jan 10 23:14:53 PST 2006

I'm trying to be more efficient with ardour.  Here's what I've
got:  3 takes each comprised of 8 instruments (a drumkit).  I'd
like to be able to audition each take, meaning audition 1 of 3
different sets of 8 regions.  I've been doing this by lowering
all 8 regions of the same take to the bottom of the layer stack
and listening to what percolates to the top.  But, this is pretty
click intensive.

Is there some way to assign a mix of one take to a bus or
something, and then [un]mute the bus when I want to play with
auditioning?

How about adding another track with all 8 regions in it, and all
of them transparent.  I realize the mix of this track could be
pretty poor.

Got any other thoughts on this?

Thanks....

--