[ardour-users] Getting started

Petter Sundlöf petter.sundlof at findus.dhs.org
Mon Jan 9 18:06:56 PST 2006

Matt Carr wrote:
> I have on order a delta1010LT and should be expecting it soon so I have
> a few questions.

Nice card, I use one (soon two) myself.

http://alsa.opensrc.org/MultipleCards

> I have heard of a low latency patch and real time patch.  Where can I
> find those if I need them and how hard are they to install?

If you've chose Gentoo, I take it you're familiar with patches and
compiling your own kernel.

The current pathway is Ingo Molnar's realtime-preempt patches for the
current kernel (2.6.15) and realtime-lsm to allow regular users to
access realtime priorities.

The realtime patches: http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/

realtime-lsm info: http://tapas.affenbande.org/?page_id=21

The patches themselves: http://sourceforge.net/projects/realtime-lsm/