[ardour-users] scenes anyone?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Jan 9 11:34:36 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 20:27 +0100, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at doink.com>:
> > On 9 January 2006 at 12:47, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > completely correct.
> >
> > Yeeha.  Thanks!
>
> Kevin, I have some hair left to split =:) Snapshots are sessions really.
> They *can* look at the same set of audio data, automation etc but they
> don't have to. If for some reason you want audio from your "rec_setup"
> to show up in "song_practice" you'll have to "import an external
> soundfile".

i'll nitpick.

they are not sessions, because sessions are represented on disk by a
folder, not a file.

it is true that if you add new audio to one snapshot, it is not visible
in the others. but thats nature of a snapshot: its one time-based
version of the session. each time you take a snapshot, you create a
potential branch in the history of the session. you are free to follow
many branches, but more work (currently manual) is required to merge
them back together again.

--p