[ardour-users] scenes anyone?

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Mon Jan 9 11:27:07 PST 2006

Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at doink.com>:
> On 9 January 2006 at 12:47, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>
wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 09:03 -0800, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> > > Hmm, let me pursue this a bit further.  Let's say I have an
> > > ardour project named 'song'.  I open that project with ardour
> > > and save a few snapshots, keeping the default dates for names.
> > > Eventually, I save a snapshot called 'rec_setup'.  Later when
> > > I start ardour I open the rec_setup .ardour file in the 'song'
> > > project.  I believe that 'song' and 'rec_setup' coexist just
> > > fine, since all of the .ardour files are in the same directory,
> > > and each of the snapshots refer to the same set of song files,
> > > automation files, etc.  Is my understanding about right?  Sorry
> > > if I'm being dense.  If I am understanding right, then I'll use
> > > snapshots like 'rec_setup' for my scenes with reckless abandon,
> > > and likely be quite happy with the results.
> >
> > completely correct.
>
> Yeeha.  Thanks!

Kevin, I have some hair left to split =:) Snapshots are sessions really.
They *can* look at the same set of audio data, automation etc but they
don't have to. If for some reason you want audio from your "rec_setup"
to show up in "song_practice" you'll have to "import an external
soundfile".

Wolfgang