[ardour-users] delta 44

nicholas manojlovic nmanojlovic at aztec.aunz.com
Sat Jan 7 06:33:35 PST 2006

hi all,

just bought a delta 44 but need some help with envy24control.

getting sound out of the card hasnt been a problem but need to address a
few issues:

whats the deal with the 'analog volume' tab in envy? what is dac, adc, ipga?

the only way I was able to monitor the input (ie, playing the
instrument) whilst recording was to connect capture 1 to playback 1 via
qjackctl- however I feel as if this wasnt the correct route. how can I
monitor the input and control its volume (ie, turn down my instrument to
better match the levels of the recorded material?) sliding the volume on
input in ardour has no effect.

my signal chain as I have it at the moment (needs work:)

instrument to mixer
insert of mixer to delta break out
delta outs 1 and 2 to stereo in on mixer.

im trying to get my head around a better way to do it but keep getting
stuck in a rut - has anyone got any ideas?

apologies for the confusing nature of this post, if anyone wants to
chuck their ow experiences at me (or tips and tricks) I would be very
greatful.

Niko

ps. whats the principle/difference between hardware and software mixing?