[ardour-users] ardour 0.99.1 os x fonts disappeared (but working in 0.99)

Libero Mureddu libero.mureddu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 06:31:48 PST 2006

Hi,
I tried to open an older version of ardour, I think it was the 0.99,
don't remember if it was the tiger-optimized or not, BTW this one
opens with all the fonts (like ardour2). So my problem seems to be
related with the 0.99.1 versions, even if they worked until two days
ago.
Here is the console log about the "old" 0.99 version.
mac os 10.4.4 ibook g4,

best regards,

Libero Mureddu

===== martedì 14 febbraio 2006 16:26:38 Europe/Helsinki =====
jackd 0.100.6
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

JACK compiled with POSIX SHM support.

GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to: Result too large.
Ardour/GTK 0.99
   (built using 1.0.0 with libardour 0.901.2 and GCC version 4.0.0
(Apple Computer, Inc. build 5026))
Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel Baker

Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.

XFree86 Version 4.4.0 / X Window System
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
[DRI] screen 0 installation complete
Screen 0 added: 1024x768 @ (0,0)
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/,
removing from list!
/Applications/Ardour_0.99_old.app/Contents/Resources/etc/ardour/ardour_ui.rc
ardour: [WARNING]: no MIDI ports specified: no MMC or MTC control possible
ardour: [INFO]: Apple VecLib H/W specific optimizations in use
cannot create new client; ardour already exists
cannot complete client connection process
cannot read response from jack server (No such file or directory)
JARInsert Critical Log: error = 1.
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "toggle-recorder-window"