[ardour-users] ardour 0.99.1 os x fonts disappeared

Libero Mureddu libero.mureddu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 16:24:43 PST 2006

Hi,
I hope someone can help me: suddenly, all the fonts for ardour have
disappeared, and I cannot recall any action that I did that could
cause this problem.
The application starts, but the ardour window, and the open window are
completely without fonts.
Ardour version is 0.99.1 with mac os x 10.4.4 on ibook g4.

Best regards,

Libero Mureddu

(here follows the content of console)

===== martedì 14 febbraio 2006 02:17:18 Europe/Helsinki =====

XFree86 Version 4.4.0 / X Window System
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
[DRI] screen 0 installation complete
Screen 0 added: 1024x768 @ (0,0)
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/,
removing from list!
bash: no job control in this shell

GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to: Result too large.
Ardour/GTK 0.99.1
   (built using 1.2.1 with libardour 0.904.1 and GCC version 4.0.0
(Apple Computer, Inc. build 5026))
Copyright (C) 1999-2006 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel Baker

Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
/Applications/Ardour.app/Contents/Resources/etc/ardour/ardour_ui.rc
/Applications/Ardour.app/Contents/Resources/etc/ardour/ardour_system.rc
ardour: [WARNING]: no MIDI ports specified: no MMC or MTC control possible
ardour: [INFO]: Apple VecLib H/W specific optimizations in use
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "toggle-recorder-window"