[ardour-users] Re. Re. Ardour - Too much speed :-)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Feb 6 11:50:55 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 20:24 +0100, Gabriel Meier wrote:
> Thanks a lot for all these responses and all of you
> where right. My multitracker only supports 44,1 and I
> tried to import it to 48. I tried to change the
> frequency of Jack with the connection kit, but still
> Ardour and the Connection Kit display 48, although
> setup says 44,1.
>  I also tried starting jack from a shell, still no
> 44,1.
> Using sox to convert to 48, my music still speeds up
> (not only in Ardour, also in xmms). Converting the
> file  to 48with Audacity seems to work, the pace stays
> correct.

you probably have a consumer audio interface that only runs at 48kHz.
JACK asks for a sample rate as close to 44.1 as possible; your h/w
doesn't support it, so JACK ends up with 48kHz instead and reports that
back to you.

use "plughw:0" as the device name for JACK if you really must avoid
this; otherwise get used to the fact that your h/w is a 48kHz-only
device and that using it at other rates will cost you one way or
another.

--p