[ardour-users] USB Devices

Matt Savigear mcs_ardour at savigear.com
Tue Dec 26 15:10:30 PST 2006

Hi list,

I have been using a Tascam US-122 (USB interface) with success for a
couple of years with Ardour, however I now want  a second unit as my
wife has largely hijacked the original one! I was going to go for
one of Tascam's latest updates to the series, the USB2 capable US-122L
or US-144 however I have just learned that these are currently
unsupported by ALSA and are therefore useless to me (annoying).

Is there anything else with similar specifications (USB2, 2 or 4 channel
inputs at 96KHz) that people are successfully using with
ALSA/JACK/Ardour? The item needs to be switched between several
machines, so USB is a must (and relatively low cost is important too).

Thanks for any pointers.

Matt.