[ardour-users] Working with Ardour2
hughesjames at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 14 18:02:27 PST 2006
I wanted to do a song for my friends and family this year instead of
Christmas cards. I wanted to post a link
(http://www.myspace.com/bluewallgroove) here for everyone as well, to
offer thanks and also give some feedback:
Thanks to Paul and all the people that put this together!
I had to do a lot of retakes as I experimented. So, I was trying to
free up the disk space used by the unused files - saw the announcement
of the latest svn commits :) Will test ASAP! I used Ardour2 for this
project and it worked GREAT!! The session used 8 stereo tracks and two
mono buses plus the stereo master bus. I used a TAP Scaling Limiter in
each of the mono buses to limit the acoustic lead guitar (Line6 Variax).
The master bus had a pre-fader insert, used to feed Jamin (another
winner!!). I adjusted all the tracks to get a good mix of the
instruments. Then used Jamin to eq a bit and compress everything. The
tracks looked beautiful in Rezound, which I used to touch everything up!
Ardour crashed only once. I double clicked on a crossover between two
regions and it just crashed. I had been working for a good while - doing
a lot of splitting, cutting, copying and pasting work. After restarting,
it did fantastic. The track splitting, copying and pasting. It worked
well too. I used Ardour2 to drive MusE, which I used to sequence the
drums, bass and synths. For some reason, a session export didn't work
once. It went through the motions, but the wave was flat-lined :) After
trying again, all went well. I couldn't repeat.
Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Music by man and machine:
Check out "The BlueWall Groove" @ Myspace http://www.myspace.com/bluewallgroove
More information about the Ardour-Users