[ardour-users] Intel EM64T and Ardour+VST

. intent at netpratique.fr
Sat Aug 26 12:32:06 PDT 2006

Hi,

I would like to thank everybody who answered me. Following the consensus i
went for a 32bit install (i686 arch) and aside a bad RAM (memtest86 is ur
friend) all seems to be fine now. In fact I already have Ardour and Muse
running (thanks to the overlay proaudio [1]).

In 6 month or so, when time will be available and if the situation evolves a
little, i will try the 64bit build on a new partition.

But i am very happy to have the new PC up and running without trouble ready to
make music.

All the informations i have gathered so far will be added to the Gentoo
article on Linuxmao [2] (albeit in french unfortunatly for most of you ;)

Cheers,

[1] http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-427211.html
[2] http://www.linuxmao.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Gentoo