[ardour-users] problem adding new track: insufficient jack ports

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Thu Apr 27 14:29:14 PDT 2006

On 4/27/06, Jürgen Schöneberg <jschoeni at gmx.net> wrote:
> ardour 0.99.2:
>
> when i try to add a new track , I get:
>
> "There are insufficient jack ports available
> to create a new track or bus, you should save ardour, exit and restart jack
> with more ports"
>

> how can I start jack with more ports?

If you use qjackctl just go into the setup and increase the port count
(near the bottom) up to 256 or 512.  On the command line that would be
'jack -p 512 -d alsa ...... '

This is a common problem when you start making large sessions, and/or
your audio interface has many channels... the default value is a bit
too small in those cases.

jlc