[ardour-users] problem adding new track: insufficient jack ports

Petter Sundlöf petter.sundlof at findus.dhs.org
Thu Apr 27 14:28:11 PDT 2006

If you start JACK with QJACKCtl, specify more ports in the Ports field
in Setup. the jackd executable -- whose options are specified in
~/.jackdrc -- accepts -p<n>. 256 should be sufficient, if not, try 512.

For example, my jackd line:

/usr/bin/jackd -R -P75 -p256 -t200 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2