[ardour-users] Ardour on Mac os X/Mac Intel

Marcos Guglielmetti Gmail marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 06:21:16 PDT 2006

Hola Mark Knecht:
> On 4/10/06, grae <drunkenbird at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But to answer your first question directly, yes, apparently using
> > the "boot camp" download from apple, on a macintel you can install
> > windows :( ...... or linux :)
>
> grub will allow you to install Linux on a Mac Mini, and even do it on
> an external 1394 drive so that you do not have to mess with the
> internal drive. Although I don't use it (yet) I have Gentoo running
> on my Mac Mini from a 1394 drive partition.

Glad to hear it!
OK, so you need a firewire HD to do that.

	But, the next questions are:
1) would you recommend this kind of hardware (Mac mini) to build a PC
for a recording studio?
Or would you recommend a clone standard PC with more power?

2) Do you think that RME hammerfall and M-Audio soundcards will run fine
into a Mac Mini?

> bootcamp is not required to do that.

Ok, better for us :-)

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux