[ardour-users] Ardour on Mac os X/Mac Intel

grae drunkenbird at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 22:53:33 PDT 2006

I don't believe you'd ever be able to install an "ordinary" or especially
professional PCI soundcard in a mac mini.  It's not built to handle those
sorts of upgrades.  I'm 99.999% positive that it has an onboard sound
processor as that is the only thing that could seemingly possibly fit inside
it.

However if you are talking about support for external audio interfaces via
firewire then I think that installing linux would only lessen your options.

But to answer your first question directly, yes, apparently using the "boot
camp" download from apple, on a macintel you can install windows :( ......
or linux :)