[ardour-users] Re: external editor

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 15:27:39 PDT 2005

On 9/24/05, Hector Centeno <h.centeno at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a way for opening a region in a external
> editor and then after editing get the changes reflected in ardour. I
> can't find any option in ardour for doing this. Is there a function that
> I'm missing?

You might miss the entry in your contextmenu "Open Region with
<insert_favourite_wave_editor_here>". Yep. That is missing / not
present.

Nonetheless, nothing prevents you from opening a region (ie. the
soundfile on hd) with your editor, doing changes to it and have these
changes visible in ardour. If the file is newer than its peakfile, the
peakfile will be recreated. I didn't test what ardours reaction is on
length-changes...

Keep on rocking,

Arnold

--