[ardour-users] Ardour needs a forum

Maluvia terakuma at imbris.net
Thu Sep 1 11:14:31 PDT 2005

I think this is an excellent idea, regardless of the cool reception it has received here, and I think there are many people who *would* use it and find it helpful.
Clearly some people greatly prefer lists, while others are more comfortable with the forum environment - for all of the sundry reasons already enumerated..
I am of the latter category - I find forums to be generally friendlier and easier to navigate.

I don't think the fact that Paul (and others here) will be ignoring the forum will render it pointless.
There are many others who will use it, and it can be a users-helping-other-users environment if nothing else.
It could be especially helpful to newbies having compiling/install difficulties or just trying to learn how to use Ardour.
Personally, I find it tiresome having to scan through all the posts on the list to find the few that are relevant to my interests.
In a well categorized forum with good search capabilities, finding the information you are looking for is much easier imo, and it might help reduce the number of redundant posts by people asking questions that have already been answered.
FAQs and how-tos could be easily incorporated into such an environment.

Surely there is room for both types of discussion formats.
I hope some ambitious person will be able to implement this suggestion - and *do* post the URL here, if and when you do.

Cheerz!