[ardour-users] JACKD problem on Debian KDE system

WoWeePratt woweepratt at comcast.net
Thu Sep 1 07:55:30 PDT 2005

I have tried for several days to understand and fix a problem with JACKD and
Ardour and am asking for some help and guidance.

The first problem is that when I try installing Ardour using Synaptic the
installation fails because of a JACD dependancy. yet, JACKD is installed on
my system, it's just an old version.

Second problem is updating JACKD. I go to update JACKD and it wants to rip
out KDE in the process.

Thrid problem, JACKD updates and installs, takes out KDE, and I login in at
the prompt. I run apt-get install kde and basically it says no problem, will
do, but it wants to REMOVE JACKD!

What gives?