[ardour-users] Ardour Buttons

philicorda philicorda at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 1 04:10:04 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 07:36 -0500, Geoff Beasley wrote:
> On the subject of buttons, what Ardour REALLY needs is a sync button.
> It's tedious going into the /options/sync page/positional sync to change
> from one to another, then back again. In a production environment it
> wastes a remarkable amount of time going to and fro, and makes the whole
> process unnecessarily cumbersome. On the dual head I sometimes leave the
> option window open, but that wastes real-estate; and I end up clicking
> the close window button eventually anyway !

There was this is the last cvs commit from Paul...

    * alignment options for newly captured material are now per-track.
      NOTE: they may not be set correctly for existing sessions.
      To change, context click in the track controls area. See
      the "Alignment" submenu. 90%+ of the time, Ardour will
      select the correct answer by itself.

Not tried it myself yet. I guess it picks the alignment depending on
what is connected to the input of the track.